Anti-hate series inspired by
MEIKO is one of my favorite Vocaloids.... and it pains me to see how under appreciated she is...
Also she has WAY more words since she is one of the "Big 8" Vocaloids.... she's more well known that the last 3. So... those in the "Big 8" will have more words
MEIKO was known for:
- First Japanese female vocal ever released
- First Japanese VOCALOID vocal released
- First Crypton Future Media VOCALOID released
- First feminine sounding VOCALOID released from Crypton Future Media
- First VOCALOID to have an official avatar
- Being used in the oldest known VOCALOID related song
- A Japanese electro-pop artist, Susumu Hirasawa, announced that he used a female VOCALOID in the original soundtrack of "Paprika" by Satoshi Kon on his blog. Since Susumu Hirasawa did not reveal which VOCALOID he used for quite some time, except the fact it was a female, many producers speculated it was MEIKO. However, he later mentioned in a magazine interview that it was LOLA.
- An old myth within the overseas fandom is that her samples were not from Meiko Haigō, but from a computer that generated samples that sounded like her
MEIKO model by Mamama
MEIKO is owned by Crypton Future Media